Those who have expressed an interest in Living Choice Glenhaven and the new proposed village at Galston were invited to an Information Session and Christmas Lunch on 13th December and there was a full house, with the event attracting 148 clients.
Living Choice Project Manager, Leigh Buckton, General Manager (NSW & Adelaide), Jason Sack and NSW Regional Village Manager, Gail Eyres gave an overview of the exciting expansions planned for Glenhaven and provided an update on the Galston site at 330 Galston Road. Some of the highlights were:
- Living Choice has acquired land behind Living Choice Glenhaven, at 1 Edgecliff Road, which will be known as Stage 3. Its development will be split into two sections, each comprising around 30-35 villas.
- A town planner has been engaged and will submit an application for the first section in early 2017. Homes will be available for sale “off the plan” as soon as planning approval is granted. An application is also being made for a site compatibility certificate to allow the expansion of the existing village onto the new site.
- Living Choice’s in-house architects have already prepared 7 villa plans and these were presented to the clients at the information session. The designs range from 2 bedroom, single garage to 3 bedroom, double garage and include a wide range of high-end inclusions.
- Living Choice has been engaging with the Residents’ Committee regarding the provision of additional facilities which will benefit both existing and new residents. Extensions to the auditorium will commence in January and are expected to be completed by June 2017.
- Living Choice has settled on the Galston site, which was purchased with a DA in place for the construction of 100 independent living units. In addition to the primary site, Living Choice has also exchanged contracts on a neighbouring property.
- The activation of the existing DA is underway and application is being made for variances to suit Living Choice construction types, designs and standards.
- Living Choice will be able to accept deposits on specific homes at Galston as soon as the amended development application is approved.
Following the Information Session, guests enjoyed a two-course Christmas lunch and had the opportunity to talk to the Resident Ambassadors. Gail Eyres paid tribute to both the ambassadors and her village and sales team for their assistance in arranging the event.
Photos by Jade Ogden